Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Holiday Season

2008 has flown by. I can't believe that we have celebrated Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas is just a few days away. This has been a wonderful year but it has not been all sweets and chocolates. There have been some sour times and challenges to face. Like every year, we find joy in the good times and even in the challenges (usually with hindsight). We have expanded our family to include two new grandchildren, Brooklyn and Kyler,
and added a daughter-in-law, Rachel. They have brought joy into our life. Brooklyn is tiny and yet spunky. Kyler is just a big chunk of love and Rachel is a caring, loving and believing daughter. We could not pick better people for our children. They have found choice people that have made our family stronger. As this year draws to a close, I am grateful for the strength of family. Merry Christmas every one and a bright new year ahead!


4 comments:

marlene said...

"A big chunk of love" is the perfect way to describe Kyler. That made me smile - thank you! It is so true that as we are all growing and getting married and expanding in size, it has brought nothing but strength. I love it. Our extended family may not fit comfortably into anyone's home anymore, but I do feel comfort that we are surrounded by such a close, loving, concerned group of people.

Rachel Teran said...

I admit, it may have seemed a bit intimidating with such a huge extended family living so close and BEING so close, but I love it. Thanks for being amazing in-laws. I definitely didn't get the unfortunate "crazy in-laws" that people talk about. And thanks for raising such an incredible son. Alex is everything I've always dreamed of and I know it's a direct result of how he was raised.

Rachel Teran said...

I already pretty much promised Marlene I'd start scrapbooking... I need to do my wedding album, and that's one of the big things I'm going to tackle this year. *Deep Breath* I just don't want to ruin it!! Thankfully I have the pictures on cds. :)

April said...

Well thanks, I like Rachel am also grateful for good in-laws. You have always treated me so well and it is nice since my own fmaily does not live close by. Thank you for raising a great son!