Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Believe










I have been pondering the essence of who I am. This may sound a bit strange but there have been 2 events in my life that have made me stop and think about this. The first one was a stake leadership meeting and the second one was our stake conference. So here is what I believe: I am a daughter of God who has great potential to become like Him. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, also known as the Mormons or just LDS. This has greatly defined who I am. I live by its doctrine and it drives my very life. I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ. He has provided His gospel through the scriptures (Book of Mormon, Bible, Doctrine and Covenants, & Pearl of Great Price). I know that by studying these books, I can draw insight in how He wants me to live each day. I believe that when I make mistakes I can turn to the atonement of the Savior to rescue me from my weaknesses. I believe that we are guided by living prophets. Our prophet today is Thomas S. Monsen. I have felt the witness of the Holy Ghost as I stood in the Sacred Grove that Joseph Smith did see God, the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that our prayers are answered. There are many times that I have read in the Book of Mormon and received a witness that it was true. I have had the privilege of standing on ancient sites from the Book of Mormon. I know that temples are important. I know that I find a great peace in my heart whenever I take time to attend the temple. I know that temples are sacred places dedicated to God. I am thankful to wonderful parents who led me to this faith through their own example. I am thankful for wonderful in-laws who have also been an example of goodness and righteousness. I believe in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am a Mormon and I am thankful for all that it means.

4 comments:

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

WHat a wonderful post. I'm so glad I got to read it, espically a meaningful way to end my sabboth day:) Thanks. Love you!

marlene said...

There is nothing better for your kids and grandkids then a written testimony. Thank you - I love you, Mom :)

April said...

Thank you for your beautiful testimony and for all of your support!

KarsonK2 said...

Thanks for your testimony and for your willingness to allow us to go to the temple by watching our kids.